Saturday, March 24, 2018

Ladies Retreat

For the past 3 years I have been blessed to be able to go to a ladies retreat with other ladies from the church where we are members.  I have had a good time each year, but this year was different for me.  In past years, it was about getting closer with the women that went with us from our church.  However, this year for me it was more about my relationship with Christ.  I spent a lot of time in prayer since I was part of the prayer team.  I felt God moving in the lives of other women who were in attendance.  More importantly, I felt God speaking to my heart.

I have been so caught up in my negative emotions that it was getting in the way of my prayer life with God.  My husband and I talked about it, and even though my husband and I are reading a book about prayer, it wasn't until I went to the retreat and focused on what God had to say to me that I truly thought about how negative I had become.

Another part of being part of the prayer team was praying for others.  I pray for others often, but this was different.  I could feel the Holy Spirit speaking through me & could see the work that he was doing.

I can't wait to see what He has in store for the future.  Changes are happening all around me.  It's exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment