Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Celebrating our Father




This past Sunday we celebrated the earthly fathers in our lives.  Whether they are still here on earth, or in heaven.  There were Facebook posts galore, special meals, and even gifts.  The hard working man in our lives were celebrated in many different ways.

It got me to thinking though.  How often do we celebrate our heavenly father?  How do we show or gratitude to Him for all the blessings that He has given to us?

Oh, we show up to church and worship.  We listen to the sermon.  How often does it stop there?  Are we taking time with Him daily to thank Him?

People (myself included some times) go about our daily lives without stopping to take the time to thank God for all He has done for us.  We find ourselves only reaching out to Him when we need help.  We don't like it when our friends only call us when they need something.  So why do we do that to God?

So here's my challenge to myself... You are welcome to join me.  I want to start each day celebrating God.  Thanking Him for all that He has given to me.  Praising Him through music every day and not just at church on Sunday.

How are you celebrating our heavenly father?  Leave me a comment to let me know 😀.

No comments:

Post a Comment