Friday, September 7, 2018

Getting Excited

When I decided not to go back to college 20+ years ago, my aunt said I would never go back.  For a long time I thought she was right.   I was originally going to school to be a teacher.  However, after working in a daycare center, I realized that I don't have the patience for teaching.

So if teaching was not to be my profession, then what do I study?  That was hard to answer.  I just couldn't narrow it down, & until I did there was no point in me going back to school.

So, I just kept praying for God to show me His plan.  He kept telling me ministry.  However, I never listened long enough to find out what kind of ministry.  I did children's ministry.  That didn't work out.  I tried women's ministry.  That kind of fizzled out.  I might try it again as the church has lots of new families.  However, where I am being told to be is preaching His word.

So, with excitement, I start the first of many classes on Monday, September 17th.  I am ready for this new chapter in my life. Who would have ever thought I would be excited about school.  Go figure.

Is there something that you are excited about?  This world can be a depressing place.  Leave me a note to let me know what you are excited about.  Maybe we can be an encouragement to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment