Friday, July 13, 2018

Life Lessons

I bought a new shirt the othe day that says "Blessed by Jesus & Spoiled by my husband."  Most times I love being spoiled.  However, there are times when my wants get in God's way.  I fnd that when something isn't going my way, I often have to stop & try to think about what God's lesson is in that particular trial.  In fact, Romans 5:3 says "we can rejoice too, when we run into problems and trials, for we now that they help us to develop endurance."

So how do we stay positive and rejoice in troubled times?  How do we keep from automatically becoming that person that wants to have constant pity parties?  It's definitely not easy.

For me, I have to stop and ask God to show me the lesson I am supposed to learn.  Then I turn to worship music.  One of my favorite songs is "Praise You in this Storm" by Casting Crowns.  I also love the song "Blessings" by Laura Story.  Both of these songs give me the ability to look at the situation with positivity instead of negativity.

Leave me a note telling me how you keep from becoming negative when it seems like trials are abundant.

No comments:

Post a Comment