Monday, July 23, 2018

Grief

There comes a time in everyone's life when we lose someone that we love.  My mom used tell me that nothing is certain in life except death & taxes.  I say that nothing is certain except Jesus, death & taxes.

I had just turned 19 years old when my dad passed away.  Since he passed away just before Christmas, it changed the holiday for me.  It was a sad time instead of joyous.  It remained that way until I had kids and saw the excitement in their faces on Christmas morning.

When my brother passed away, it was a pain like I have never felt before.  Then my mom passed away which brought more pain.  Sometimes it has been more than I can bear.

I share this not to make people feel sorry for me, but to show how the death of our loved ones ones can affect us.  The hurt is real.  There is no time table for grief.  Everyone grieves in their own way.

I know a few people grieving.  I pray for them daily.  I understand their struggle.  If you know someone who is struggling with the loss of a loved one, pray for them.  Send them a private message to let them know that you are thinking of them.  It will mean more than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment