Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Forgiveness

I am a very stubborn person.  I have held grudges against people over stupid stuff.  What good does that do?  Absolutely none.  Those people don't care that I have that anger festering within me.  The only person that it hurts is me.

Matthew 6 says we are to forgive others.  It doesn't say "if you feel like it or if you want to." It says if you don't, God won't forgive you.  That's a powerful statement.  If I don't forgive others for their shortcomings, God won't forgive me of mine.

Life is short.  You never know when your time here on Earth is done.  You need to forgive now while you have a chance.  Trust me, once you do, you will find a peace like you have never known.

Is someone hurting my feelings worth me not going to heaven?  I don't think so.  It's not easy, but we must forgive others just as God has forgiven us.

No comments:

Post a Comment