Thursday, April 5, 2018

Not today Satan!!!

Quite some time ago our pastor preached about the Armor of God.  I listened... I thought I heard, but I didn't really apply it all.  I kind of took what I thought I needed at the time.  However, God had more for me to learn.

Ever since I got home from the Ladies Retreat, I have been trying my hardest to focus on God & what His will is for my life.  However, Satan has been lurking & waiting for me to put my guard down.  He doesn't want me to succeed.

My husband and I took our son to Washington, DC for a few days.  In fact, we we're lucky enough to have friends (more like family) join us as well.  While at the Museum of the Bible, my husband and I started to get HANGRY.  I can only think that Satan saw us enjoying ourselves and learning more about God & he didn't like it.  After lunch, we were both more mellow.  We were able to continue enjoying the museum & the company that we were with.

On our way home, my husband and I were both exhausted.  Just as I started to fall asleep my husband asked me to talk to him so that I could keep him awake.  First thing that popped into my head was negativity.  However, I sat it aside knowing that if he fell asleep at the wheel that we could crash.  God turned it all around.  We had an awesome conversation that included God.  In fact, I lost track of time and before we knew it we were home and able to rest comfortably.

So, I am learning that when I put aside my negativity, it allows God to step in & bless me as well as those around me.  Positivity helps keep Satan from getting ahold of me.  Remember that when we allow Satan to get even the smallest hold over us, it makes it easier for him to take control over other areas of our lives.  Therefore, we need to constantly be in touch with God in order to keep Satan at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment