Tuesday, April 10, 2018

What Scares Me

I have always only had a few close  friends.  However, lately it feels more like I have friends, but we are not close any more.  I feel lonely and it scares me to think that God is using that loneliness to pull me closer to Him.  Especially since I have gotten closer to God in the past few months.

My husband and I are both feeling this sense of loneliness & it has gotten worse since my mom passed away.  We often prayed about moving back to NC.  For a long time, we got the answer "just wait." Then all of the sudden we were told "no." That His plan does not include us moving back to NC.

Lately we have been talking about possibly moving back to TX.  This would allow us to be near my husband's family.  The question is, is this God's plan, or is this our want out of loneliness.  What scares me is that I know that if we move & it is not God's will, we will be miserable.  My other fear is my not finding a church family in South Texas.  It is a Spanish speaking community and I don't speak Spanish.  Will I be able to plug in somewhere?

All of these feelings I have given over to God.  I will no longer fret over any of it.  I am praying for God's will to be done.  Wherever He leads, I will follow.  For now though, I will grow and bloom where I am planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment