Saturday, April 7, 2018

Why do we worry?

I am a worrier.  Even worse, I am spoiled.  I tend to get angry when there is something that I want but I am not getting what I want or what I feel I need when I want it.   Looking back at life, I can see that God always supplied what I truly needed.  Why is it though that I couldn't see that He knows what I need?  Why am I a worrier when I am called to be a warrior?

One of my favorite scriptures is Matthew 6:24 which says "So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today." We need to live for today - not worry about what tomorrow will bring.  No matter what it is, with God on our side, we can do anything. 

I have found that when I let go of my worries & insecurities, that I am happier.  I know that no matter what God's plan is for my life, he goes before me.  Therefore, I don't need to worry.  By giving it all over to God, I have been a happier person.  The Bible clearly tells us not to.  It always tells us to trust.  It's definitely not easy to completely let go & let God.  However, I am slowly learning to do just that.

Is there something that you are worrying about?  Give it over to God.  You will be amazed at the peace that you will feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment